My name is Jessica Carrillo and I'm so glad you're here! I'm obsessed with weddings and my heart is at the core of Art & Soul Events. I feel so THANKFUL that I get to spend my days with amazing couples while we PLAN one of their life's major milestones.
I plan and design weddings for the bold, rebellious, and creative! I plan weddings that are soulful and that uniquely reflect my couple's style and aesthetic. I love pairing creative bold and unexpected choices with beautiful design. I will encourage you to make thoughtful decisions that are true to your priorities, personalities, and relationship. I don't believe that things have to be done the way they have always been done. This is your wedding, there are no rules!
why I love weddings
I still cry at every wedding and feel so lucky to play an instrumental role in such an incredible day. Developing relationships with my couples is a critical part of my process. I want to build a solid foundation, so you feel my support and genuine investment in you. Wedding Planning is exciting and fun but it can also be emotional and stressful at times. Expectations, budgets, and family dynamics all come into play. I'll be here to lean on and guide you every step of the way.
ART & SOUL EVENTS MIGHT BE THE BEST WEDDING PLANNER FOR YOU IF....
- You plan to get married in a unique location: an industrial warehouse, a forest, a desert boulder cove, a movie backlot, an avocado orchard, or perhaps an Art Deco Treasure.
- You care about personal details, wedding design and you understand the value of a seasoned photographer
- You want your guests to have a unique experience. Delicious food and a rocking dance party are high on your priority list
- You describe your wedding as an elevated party or celebration, and you're going light on tradition and heavy on fun
- You want a wedding planner to guide you, collaborate with you, who will be just as pumped up about your wedding as you are
I am a Los Angeles based Wedding and Event Planner, but LOVE to travel! Weddings take us on adventures all over Southern California and the central coast. You'll often find me planning and designing weddings in Joshua Tree, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, wine country, Santa Cruz, the Sequoias, and beyond. I jump at the chance to conquer a new venue or town!
I was born and raised in Los Angeles! Mexican food is my weakness and Paco's is my favorite restaurant in town.
I played the drums in high school, briefly went to beauty school, and I graduated from film school with a BA in Cinema & Television Production.
I met Hector on a weekend girl's trip to San Francisco and we got married in Santa Barbara.
I'm a MOM to a sweet & sassy toddler, Jordan Olivia and two Lhasa Apsos, Bibi & Bully.
Concerts, comedy shows, boozy brunches, and Disney Adventures are my happy place.